Positive charge of an atom is concentrated in the nucleus due to positive charge particle called proton.
1. It is constituent of nucleus
2. It is positively charge particle.
3. The number of proton in the nucleus is called atomic number.
The uncharged particle or neutral particle present in the nucleus of an atom are called as neutron.
1. Neutron is a constituent of nucleus.
2. Neutron is a neutral particle i.e it has no charge.
3. Neutron has very high penetrating power.
4. A free neutron is unstable.
An atom of an element having same atomic no. but different mass no. is called as isotopes.
The atom of element having same mass no. but different atomic no. are called isobar.
Isotone are the nuclides which contain the same no. of neutron.